If the aim is to achieve a successful digital marketing strategy, then search engine optimisation is an important part of it. Without effective SEO a website cannot appeal to its target market in order to build a successful online presence, and a website will not be able to attract the targeted traffic that will be necessary to help sustain a business and attract new clients.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing refers to the use of electronic media to convey a marketing message. This might include internet marketing, using social media, or mobile phone marketing.
SEO and Digital Marketing
As highlighted below, SEO can have many positive effects on a digital marketing strategy:
• When implemented properly a SEO campaign can help to provide a constant stream of traffic to a website, and it does not have to cost a lot of money. For a business that is just starting out, and has a limited budget, SEO can still be used to drive traffic to a website as part of a digital marketing plan.
• Social media is a form of advertising that no company can afford to be without. By using SEO in your social media posts it can help to guarantee better results by targeting the keywords that you want. When potential customers are targeted in this way as part of a digital marketing strategy, there is a better chance of making conversions and perhaps attracting long term, repeat customers.
• When SEO is used as part of a digital marketing campaign, it will make the website easier to find on the search engines. By attracting targeted traffic to the website, there is a much better chance of getting conversions as the people visiting will be looking for that particular product or service. Our professional digital agency in Glasgow & Edinburgh follows a methodological approach to SEO.
• Content marketing as long been used for SEO purposes; statistics show that sites which have blogs have a higher number of conversions. As content marketing can have such a significant impact on SEO and conversions, it should be part of everyone’s digital marketing strategy; one of the main benefits of this form of promotion is that content marketing doesn’t have to cost a lot of money.
• SEO can be used to help get a brand or product noticed, and enable potential customers to easily find your website when they search. Effective SEO will positively benefit a digital marketing strategy by ensuring that the website comes out as one of the top search engine results. Read more here about selecting the right digital marketing agency.
What Should A Successful SEO Strategy Comprise Of?
SEO or, search engine optimisation, has long been used as an important tool to help a business drive targeted traffic to its website. When successfully implemented, an SEO campaign can help to promote a business by ensuring that it appears among the top search results. However, search engine optimisation is a complex process and it requires the expert implementation of a number of vital factors if it is going to succeed.
Here are some of the key components of a successful SEO strategy:
• Keyword research – this is the first stage of getting people that are interested in your product or service direct to your website. Although this is something that the business owner could do themselves, the chances of success are much improved when using the services of an SEO expert. An SEO expert will know how to analyse the best keywords, identify keywords that are utilized by your competitors, and they will determine which keywords to target for the best results
• On page optimisation – this will consist of several aspects including a site map, keyword optimised content, optimised tags and high-quality content to help get potential customers to the site. The best content will read naturally and won’t overuse keywords in order to avoid being penalised by the major search engines.
• Links – the higher the number of quality links a website has, the more authoritative it appears. When a website has numerous high quality sites linking in to, it helps to improve the websites rankings, which in turn will make the site easier to find. In addition, an effective SEO campaign will involve internal linking, which can be just as valuable as external links when it comes to search engine optimisation.
• Content marketing – content marketing is commonly used as part of an SEO campaign. This can take many different forms such as keyword optimised blog posts and press releases, posts on forums, article marketing, submission to the major article directories.
• Analytics – in order to understand how effective an SEO campaign is, it will be necessary to have expert tools to analyse the results of a campaign. The insights gained from analytics will help to establish what is working and what isn’t, and which aspects of the SEO campaign are driving the most traffic and conversions.
• Google Maps – setting up Google maps can play an important role in local SEO and help to attract local customers to a website.
Smarter Digital Marketing are a reliable and innovative digital agency in Glasgow & Edinburgh. Alternatively you can call us on 0141 374 2165 to find out more about our services or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org