After becoming Certified Google Partners back in early 2016, Smarter Digital Marketing has continued to strive to improve our knowledge of all things advertising. Not ones for resting on our laurels, we are always on the lookout for ways to enhance our understanding of how Google Advertising works and how to get the best for our clients.
Google AdWords Certification tests are a great way of increasing the knowledge of the most efficient ways of digital marketing. Here at Smarter Digital Marketing, we recently sat and passed the Video Advertising exam to learn everything there is to know about YouTube Advertising and the most effective practices. This means that we are now able to set-up and run video advertising campaigns to market on Google Display Network platforms and make the most of video ads.
Why it Matters
Staying up to date with everything that we can do to maintain our status as one of the leading Digital Marketing agencies in the country matters greatly to us. Giving our clients the opportunity to market through as many channels as possible also matters and is why taking the exams was a priority. Growing our client’s business is our focus and what we do best. It’s also the reason why we are always searching for ways to boost our proficiency in the world of SEO and PPC Glasgow.
The exam allowed us to gain an understanding into the best exercises, the benefits and features of advertising on YouTube and how to reach new audiences. We are currently in the process of sitting all of the AdWords Certification exams in Search, Shopping, Mobile and Display to further our expertise in paid advertising.
What we Learned
The Video Advertising exam included a vast amount of content, all with the aim of understanding how YouTube advertising works and how to get the most from a campaign. AdWords for video enables you to display video ads in the YouTube search results or before, during, and after videos on YouTube and the Google Display Network. This included learning about:
- Creating a Video Ad Campaign – This included setting up a campaign and the benefits of advertising on YouTube platforms.
- Different Types of Video Adverts – From In-Stream, TrueView, Discovery, Video Discovery, we learned the different format types and the features of each.
- Benefits of Each Format – What each format offered the advertiser and the advantages of each.
- Demographic Targeting – Identifying target groups which ads are tailored towards, from age, gender, topics, interest, remarketing and placement targeting.
- Reaching New Audiences – Becoming aware of the power and influence of video advertising and how different audiences can be best reached.
- How to Optimise Performance of Campaigns – Becoming proficient in Google Analytics by measuring campaigns to track and monitor performance.
- How to Monetise Video Advertising – Learning about Cost-Per-Click, Cost-Per-View and how to profit from a video campaign.
- Keyword Targeting – We learned the structuring of keywords, bidding and optimisation of relevant keywords and phrases of a video ad.
Our PPC Glasgow Team
Learning all there is to know about video advertising was another step in the development of our Glasgow digital marketing team to allow us to become fully qualified in Google AdWords. With this knowledge, we are able to benefit our existing business relationships as well as present our expertise to potential clients that are interested in joining the Smarter Digital Marketing team and growing their business. If you are interested in any of our digital marketing services, get in touch today and we will be more than happy to help.